Kitchen Windows

Cooking and Philosophy. Both address fundamental human needs. One, a physical need to be nourished, filled, satisfied. The other a mental need to understand and explain the world around us. Both are also windows to a deeper spiritual need, Jesus Christ.

My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Cooking and Philosophy. Both address fundamental human needs. One, a physical need to be nourished, filled, satisfied. The other a mental need to understand and explain the world around us. To make sense of the details of life and fit them into some bigger picture. Both are interests of mine, so that's what I'll try to focus on here. It may seem like a random combination, but hey, that's me. More importantly, though, both cooking and philosophy and all the other pursuits of mankind, are simply windows that point to a greater spiritual need. All to often we get focused on the "windows" and forget to look through them. Every person, at the core, has a need to be nourished, filled, satisfied, in a way that food can never provide. To have some meaning in life, to find answers, that philosophy alone can never seem to provide. The answer is Jesus Christ. He, ultimately, is the focus here. Whether it's a recipe I happen to like, or some philosophical question that I find interesting, it's all for His glory. Remember to look through the windows!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Online!!




I finally have an internet connection at home. Now I should, hopefully be able to post more often. I've just moved back into my old place after 4 months of renovations. As you can see it's quite a bit different than before. I've been enjoying the kitchen.

Life has been busy with getting ready for Mexico. There's a lot of little details to take care of. This weekend is a 4 day break for the students so it's been nice to have a bit of a break from everything that's going on. Andy, Kevin and Scott were over tonight for steak. It's great to be able to have people over again. Well this post is mainly just an excuse to show pictures of the new place so enjoy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristine Brown said...

OH-MY-WORD ... I am speechless. What a CHANGE!!! It's great to see everything so beautifully renovated. Enjoy! And it's still encouraging to hear your thoughts and what the Lord is teaching you about Himself: how to view it all through His lens, His window. It looks much better from His perspective. Thanks for the reminder. Wow, this is a long comment ... forgive me! Hope you're well (and put the toilet seat down! just kidding)

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan you have a blog too. this blogging thing is bigger than I thought. Nice pad, where do I sleep when I come visit. But really, I'll come down again one of these days, for more than an hour, promise. Write me with your new internet connection, spider_kyle@hotmail.com . Peace.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Kyle Turner said...

Jordan my lad. I have a very boring life, and therefor I need you to update your posting regularly, so that I can have something to do in responding to said posts. Ya?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Life of the Camerons said...

Nice to see the toilet seat is up!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Wow how beautiful is that...which house is it? I am trying to figure it out. You must be loving it! What's with all the toilet seat comments? See you in the summer!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home