Kitchen Windows

Cooking and Philosophy. Both address fundamental human needs. One, a physical need to be nourished, filled, satisfied. The other a mental need to understand and explain the world around us. Both are also windows to a deeper spiritual need, Jesus Christ.

My Photo
Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Cooking and Philosophy. Both address fundamental human needs. One, a physical need to be nourished, filled, satisfied. The other a mental need to understand and explain the world around us. To make sense of the details of life and fit them into some bigger picture. Both are interests of mine, so that's what I'll try to focus on here. It may seem like a random combination, but hey, that's me. More importantly, though, both cooking and philosophy and all the other pursuits of mankind, are simply windows that point to a greater spiritual need. All to often we get focused on the "windows" and forget to look through them. Every person, at the core, has a need to be nourished, filled, satisfied, in a way that food can never provide. To have some meaning in life, to find answers, that philosophy alone can never seem to provide. The answer is Jesus Christ. He, ultimately, is the focus here. Whether it's a recipe I happen to like, or some philosophical question that I find interesting, it's all for His glory. Remember to look through the windows!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Getting Started

Hey Everyone.

Well I thought I'd join the crowd and start a blog. I'm gonna work on it over the Christmas break to get it up and running. So have a Merry Christmas and see you in the new year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Jordan! Isn't this Capernwray blogging craze great? Can't wait to see yours, Merry Christmas old chum!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Kristine Brown said...

Wow, you picked such a pretty format!! When I say "pretty" I mean "not pretty", but "manly" ... yeah ... I look forward to seeing what's happening with you and through you. How are you and your "best friend" geting along?

-KB

11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alright Jordan!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home